Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Assignment #3- Aesthetics and Movies

1) Every day, I look into my boyfriend’s eyes. Whether it is accompanied by a warm embrace or just a smile, I love gazing into Gil’s eyes. I fall into the ocean every time I see the swarming blue shades. I’m lost in a forest when I stare at the green lines of pigment. The yellow hues weaved in and out of his eye are like laying in a sunflower field soaking up the sun. His eyes melt my heart like an ice cream cone left in the summer sun’s piercing rays. A simple glance can pull me into an unknown world full of bliss and happiness. Something as normal as making eye contact with my boyfriend sweeps me off my feet over and over again.



2) When Pavarotti was singing, I imagined many things. When the song first started, I thought he was singing about something happy. He voice sounded very upbeat and uplifting. I imagined him falling in love for the first time. As the song went on, I felt a sense of sadness. He seemed to be having internal conflict. I thought he was fighting with himself about the girl. Maybe she cheated on him and he was trying to decide what to do. I imagined Pavarotti’s “split personality” coming into play. He would be happy and joyful and then sound dark and sad. In my drawing I start out with light, happy colors. I use swirls because when I see swirls, I think of delight.  But as the song began to sound depressing, I used dark colors and thick strong lines. The light and dark colors are fighting each other on the page, just as Pavarotti was battling himself.


3) An establishing shot is usually the first shot of a new scene, designed to show the audience where the action is taking place. The viewers are able to see the scene where the next part of the movie is going to happen. The establishing shot is very important. Without it, the viewers might be very confused. Without the establishing shot, the viewers wouldn’t know what the remainder of the scene was going to be about. A lot of establishing shots are important landmarks to show where the scene is taking place. Landmarks such as the Eiffel Tower and the Statue of Liberty are commonly used. Without the establishing shot, it’s the viewer’s responsibility to figure out where the scene is taking place.


No comments:

Post a Comment